February 6, 2019
Call for Nominations: ACP Board of Directors
The ACP is seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill open positions on the ACP Board of Directors and the ACP Council for the American Board of Prosthodontics.
We are now accepting nominations from the membership until Feb. 15. We strongly encourage members to either apply themselves or nominate a fellow member to serve.
Many current and past Board and Council members have found that serving in a leadership role is time well invested. They have become stronger leaders and were pleased to give back to the community and help lead the specialty forward. There are many benefits of serving as a volunteer leader, including:
- Playing a significant role in advancing the specialty;
- Having an opportunity to enhance the value of ACP to the dental community;
- Accessing up-to-date information about the challenges facing the specialty;
- Exchanging ideas and perspectives with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
The ACP values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location, and professional level.
In this annual call for nominations, there are six ACP Board positions:
- Regional Membership Director - Region 1 Northeast (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont)- 2 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 3 Central (Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wisconsin)- 2 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 6 Federal Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy, and Veterans Administration) - 2 year term Continuing Education Division Director - 3 year term
- Education & Research Division Director - 3 year term
- Vice President - 1 year position, ascends to President-Elect, then President. Nominee must be currently on ACP Board or off of the Board three years or less.
If you choose to submit a nomination, please be sure to read the Board of Directors Job Descriptions.
Interested parties should contact Nathalie Williams, Governance Director by email for submission details. Nominations must be received by February 15. All information submitted will be handled confidentially.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by email.
Robert M. Taft, DDS, FACP
ACP Nominating Committee Chair and Immediate Past President
Back to News