2022 Annual Session FAQ
The ACP is excited to continue our tradition of excellent education, with our return to in person education. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions relating to the ACP Annual Session.
Please check back for additional FAQs. If you have a specific question, please let us know.
When will on-demand recording be available?
We anticipate having the general sessions recordings available for 2022 Annual Session attendees by Dec. 1, 2022. Once the materials are ready it will be communicated directly via email. At that time recordings will also be made available for purchase for those who could not join us in Austin.
Will sessions be available on-demand?
Yes! While there will not be a live streaming option, the general session education and CE credits will be available on-demand by Dec. 1.
How to access on-demand recordings:
1. I'm attending the meeting in Austin - You will receive and email 3-4 weeks after the meeting announcing the on-demand recordings are available on ACP Anywhere. All in person attendees receive access to the on-demand recording.
2. I did not register or attend in Austin - The on-demand general session education recordings will be available for purchase 3-4 weeks after the meeting concludes. ACP members who were not able to attend the meeting live can purchase the on-demand access for $825, non-members for $1,590.
How do I download the ACP Annual Session App?
Click here to download the app. You may also access the app on your web browser here. To download the full instructions on how to use the app, including how to login and navigation tips, you can click here.
What is the format for the 2022 Annual Session?
The 2022 Annual Session will be taking place in person, Nov. 2-5 in Austin, TX.
It is the premier event in prosthodontics, where hundreds of prosthodontists, specialty residents, dental students, dental technicians, general dentists, other specialists, and industry partners gather to exchange knowledge, resources, strategies, solutions, and more.
How many CE Credits can I earn by attending?
Attendees are eligible to receive up to 19 continuing education credits for general sessions (attendees may claim fewer hours in accordance with their actual attendance).
Additional hours are available for attending the following sessions: Educators Meeting, Digital Curriculum User Group Meeting, Board Prep Course, John J. Sharry Research Competition, and Journal of Prosthodontics Workshop.
How much does the meeting cost?
Please visit the Registration Information page to learn more about the meeting cost.
What is included in my registration?
Registration includes attendance at all general education sessions, on-demand access to recordings of the main podium sessions, full access to the exhibit hall, the exhibitor reception, the Resident & Dental Student Poster Sessions, Resident & New Prosthodontist Reception, breakfast, coffee breaks, and afternoon refreshments in the exhibit hall.
Do I need to attend all sessions?
Credit is provided for each session attended. You can attend as many or as few as you would like.
The ACP will provide a credit tracker form for you to accurately record your attendance.
What are the COVID-19 protocols for the meeting?
For the health and well-being of attendees and staff, we strongly encourage masks to be worn while at the Annual Session, especially throughout the educational, meeting, and exhibit hall spaces. We also strongly encourage attendees of the Annual Session to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least two weeks before arriving at the event.
At the meeting we will have masks, hand sanitizer, and other protective collateral available for meeting attendees. Additional details will be available in communications leading up to the Annual Session.
The ACP reserves the right to modify recommendations and requirements as COVID trends change.
Please check back for more answers to your FAQs.
What is there to do in Austin?
Austin Visitor Guide
Get your free digital or printed copy in the mail from Visit Austin's website, here!
While Austin may be known for its legendary Tex-Mex, delicious breakfast tacos and juicy barbecue, there's so much more to the capital city's food culture to explore. Austin's celebrated dining scene has evolved with lightning speed over the last few decades, but don't forget to pay homage to the greats during your visit.
Check out the below restaurant guide and downtown Austin map to find a restaurant nearby worth trying!
Looking for something convenient? Cross the street from the JW Marriott Lobby and you'll be introduced to 6 eateries at the Fareground food hall. They have indoor and outdoor seating, plus a marketplace for local shopping! Open 11 AM – 9 PM | 7 Days a Week
Entertainment & Live Shows
Austin offers a wide variety of entertainment. Check out the Visit Austin Calendar for upcoming events.
Sights & Landmarks
There is a plethora to see in Austin. A few top spots are:
Popular Austin Districts
(Listed closest to farthest from the JW Marriott Austin / see the Downtown Austin Map for reference)
- Second Street District - Keep things local at some of Austin's latest retail shops, boutiques, coffee houses, and wine bars
- Warehouse District - The industrial Warehouse District offers refined stomping grounds in the heart of downtown Austin.
- Sixth Street District - Stroll down Austin's most famous nightlife area and experience more than a dozen blocks of live music venues.
- West Sixth Street District - Here you can shop iconic home-grown retailers including Waterloo Records, BookPeople, and more.
- Rainy Street District (SE of downtown) - This laid-back area is home to converted bungalows that provide only-in-Austin music and bar experience.
- South Congress (SoCo) District - Just south of Lady Bird Lake, "SoCo" is a vibrant neighborhood of boutiques, eateries, and music venues.
September through early November is a great time to come down to Texas. Perfect for outdoor excursions when not attending the Conference!
- Daily high temperatures are usually around 71°F to 75°F.
- Daily low temperatures are usually around 51°F.
Additional Things to Do
Check out the Austin Visitors' Guide and visit https://www.austintexas.org/ for dining, events and other seasonal highlights in Austin.