2022 Call for Nominations
The ACP and ACP Education Foundation are seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill open positions on the Board of Directors and the ACP Council for the ABP. We are accepting nominations from ACP members from now until March 28. We strongly encourage members to either apply themselves or nominate a fellow member to serve.
Many current and past Board and Council members have found that serving in a leadership role is time well invested. They have become stronger leaders and were pleased to give back to the community and help lead the specialty forward.
There are many benefits of serving as a volunteer leader, including:
- Playing a significant role in advancing the specialty;
- Having an opportunity to enhance the value of the ACP to the dental community;
- Accessing up-to-date information about the challenges facing the specialty;
- Exchanging ideas and perspectives with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
The ACP/ACPEF values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location, and professional level.
Open ACP Board Positions:
- Vice President - 1 year position, ascends to President-Elect, then President. Nominee currently on ACP Board or off of the Board three years or less.
- Continuing Professional Education Division Director - Develops continuing education and/or other programming that addresses member needs; strengthens current programming and ensures the ongoing relevance of CE topics - 3 year term, eligible for second term.
- Education & Research Division Director - Studies and reports on predoctoral and postdoctoral education; encourages board certification; stimulates, participates in, promotes, and evaluates prosthodontic research - 3 year term, eligible for second term.
- Prosthodontic Forum Division Director - Promotes the exchange of ideas and concerns from within the prosthodontic community regarding dental education, research, dental laboratory technology, and clinical practice - 3 year term, eligible for second term.
Open ACPEF Board Positions:
- ACPEF Directors - Four (4) positions- Govern the affairs of the Foundation - 3 year term, eligible for second term.
Open Council Position:
- Private Practice Representative - The Council provides an objective and inclusive mechanism for the identification, nomination, and selection of candidates to be placed on the ballot for the annual election of the examiner-elect of the ABP by the Diplomates of the Board - 4 year term, eligible for second term.
Interested parties should contact Nathalie Williams, Governance Director by email for submission details. All submissions must be received by March 28. All information submitted will be handled confidentially.
Back to News