NPAW PR Tip: A Picture (With Your Patient) is Worth a 1,000 Words!
Fast, Free, and Fun Social Media Idea for Private Practitioners
A ‘Selfie’ is a type of self-portrait photograph typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone. Selfies are often associated with social networking. (Wikipedia)
The ACP encourages you to promote your practice by taking a picture or selfie with your patients.
What You Need:
- ACP Lab Coat (Order today at Prosthodontics.org)
- ACP Media Release Form (Download NPAW PR Toolkit, form on pg. 40)
- A smartphone
- A smiling patient
What to Do:
- Identify a patient who wants to pose for a selfie or picture with their prosthodontist.
- Most important step: Ask your patient to sign the ACP Media Release Form and note: Patient of Dr. ______ (your name); practice website; address; phone number
- Put on your ACP lab coat
- Smile with your patient and take the photo
- Email the patient approved photo with signed form to email@example.com and CC your patient. Make sure to keep a copy of the form in the patient’s file along with the photo for your records.
- Ask your patient to share on social media and tag you as their #Prosthodontist. Then you can do the same. Keep it fun!
- Upload photo to your website, practice Facebook page, LinkedIn page, Instagram, etc.. Use the #prosthodontist hashtag and tag your patient.
Make it a best practice year-round…now through NPAW and beyond.
Find more NPAW PR Tips in the NPAW PR Toolkit on the NPAW webpage.
Dated Feb. 6, 2017
Back to News