The ACP Awards of Distinction recognize and honor individuals in their achievement of outstanding and substantial contributions to the specialty or to the College. We encourage all members to nominate a colleague for their achievements.
Nominations will be accepted until April 7, 2021. Please contact Nathalie Williams, Governance Director if you have any questions.
Private Practice Prosthodontist Award
The Award may be given annually to up to 6 individual private practice prosthodontists (one per ACP United States and International Region) who have made outstanding contributions to the advancement of the specialty of prosthodontics, through prosthodontic practice, enhancing the public's understanding of the role of a private practice prosthodontist in comprehensive oral care as well as exemplifying collegiality and cross discipline outreach, and/or exemplary community service. The award is a lifetime award and an individual may receive it only once.
Criteria & Requirements:
- ACP prosthodontist members who are currently in primarily full time traditional private practice (solo or group), excluding institutional and multisite corporate practices.
- Members from the 5 US ACP Regions and International Region; excludes the military Region.
- Must not have received this award previously.
- Individuals may be nominated by others; the nomination form is available online here.
- The completed nomination form will be submitted to the appropriate Regional Membership Director.
- Every nomination must be accompanied by 3 letters of recommendation from the nominating region including one prosthodontist ACP member peer, one referring dentist, and one community/dental organization/leader, lab technician or patient.
- Each US ACP Regional Membership Director will convene a call of the Section Presidents to review and select the nominees.
- Once selected, each Regional Director will submit their award candidate(s) to the ACP Nominating Committee for approval.
- Approval of Board of Directors at June meeting during the year of presentation.
- Annual Awards Celebration
- Brief remarks from President as appropriate for the individual.
The intention of ACP’s Private Practice Prosthodontist award is to honor a person, not a practice. Thus, future reference to this award in promotional material, PR campaigns, press releases, in traditional and social media, on the website, in ads, biosketches, and other instances must align to this intent. Misrepresentation of what this award signifies risks revocation of this award by the ACP.