October 9, 2018
American Board of Prosthodontics Update
Newly revised ABP Examination Guidelines for the Certification Process that streamline the applications are now available. These were developed based on candidate feedback to help the application process be clear and user friendly. Applications, communications, and documents submitted to the Board are now managed exclusively through the ABP website.
Additional highlighted updates include:
- The clearer, shorter guidelines document;
- An additional document detailing examination grading criteria;
- Checklists for required documentation for Section D and all Section B examinations (parts 2, 3 and 4);
- Online application and registration for all first-time candidates regardless of if a postgraduate student or prosthodontist;
- Online submission and validation of required notarized letters and certificates;
- Change of fees for all examinations to $500 (Sections A, B, C and D).
The online application for the February 17-19, 2019 Section B, C and D examinations in Chicago, IL is now open and will be available until December 19, 2018, which is 60 days prior to the examination.
Online application for the April 2, 2019 Section A examination will be available until January 2, 2019, which is 90 days prior to the examination.
For questions about the certifying examination and examination logistics, contact the ABP here. Please note that The American Board of Prosthodontics will not provide guidance regarding specific therapies that must be determined and justified by the candidate during the examination.
For other questions, contact Mr. Bryan Mowry, ABP Chief Operations Officer.
Back to News