February 16, 2021
2021 Call for Nominations
The ACP and ACP Education Foundation are seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill open positions on the Board of Directors and the ACP Council for the ABP. We are accepting nominations from ACP members from now until March 26. We strongly encourage members to either apply themselves or nominate a fellow member to serve.
Many current and past Board and Council members have found that serving in a leadership role is time well invested. They have become stronger leaders and were pleased to give back to the community and help lead the specialty forward.
There are many benefits of serving as a volunteer leader, including:
- Playing a significant role in advancing the specialty;
- Having an opportunity to enhance the value of ACP to the dental community;
- Accessing up-to-date information about the challenges facing the specialty; and
- Exchanging ideas and perspectives with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
The ACP/ACPEF values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location, and professional level.
Open Board Positions:
- Vice President - 1 year position, ascends to President-Elect, then President. Nominee currently on ACP Board or off of the Board three years or less.
- ACPEF Director - 3 year term
Board Positions with incumbent seeking additional term:
- Regional Membership Director - Region 1 Northeast (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont) - 3 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 3 Central (Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin) - 3 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 6 Federal Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Navy, Veterans Administration) - 3 year term
Open Council Positions:
- Government (Federal) Service Representative - Actively employed with at least 50% time in active duty status of government service.- 4 year term, eligible for second term.
- Recently Certified ABP Diplomate Representative - Certified within the last 5 years - limited to one 4 year term.
Interested parties should contact Nathalie Williams, Governance Director by email for submission details. All submissions must be received by March 26. All information submitted will be handled confidentially. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by email.
Stephen I. Hudis, DDS, FACP
ACP Nominating Committee Chair and Immediate Past President
Back to News