February 11, 2020
2020 Call for Nominations
Nominations are Open for the ACP and ACP Education Foundation Board of Directors
The ACP and the ACP Education Foundation are seeking enthusiastic individuals to fill open positions on the Board of Directors. We are now accepting nominations from the membership until March 13. We strongly encourage members to either apply themselves or nominate a fellow member to serve.
Many current and past Board members have found that serving in a leadership role is time well invested. They have become stronger leaders and were pleased to give back to the community and help lead the specialty forward.
There are many benefits of serving as a volunteer leader, including:
- Playing a significant role in advancing the specialty;
- Having an opportunity to enhance the value of ACP to the dental community;
- Accessing up-to-date information about the challenges facing the specialty; and
- Exchanging ideas and perspectives with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
The ACP values and seeks diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location, and professional level.
In this annual call for nominations, there are five open Board positions and five open positions with incumbents:
- Regional Membership Director - Region 2 Eastern (Delaware, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia, Virgin Islands)- 3 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 7 International (All countries outside the United States) - 3 year term
- Prosthodontic Practice & Patient Care Division Director - 3 year term
- Vice President - 1 year position, ascends to President-Elect, then President. Nominee currently on ACP Board or off of the Board three years or less.
- ACPEF Director - 3 year term
Open Positions with incumbent seeking additional term:
- Regional Membership Director - Region 4 Rockies/Plains (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wyoming)- 3 year term
- Regional Membership Director - Region 5 Pacific (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington) - 3 year term
- PR & Communications Division Director - 3 year term
- Treasurer - 3 year term
- Secretary - 3 year term
Interested parties should contact Nathalie Williams, Governance Director by email for submission details. All submissions must be received by March 13. All information submitted will be handled confidentially.
Nadim Z. Baba, DMD, MSD, FACP
ACP Nominating Committee Chair and Immediate Past President
Back to News